Jollibee, the famous Filipino fast-food chain, is renowned for its iconic dishes that have captured the hearts and taste buds of millions. One of the most beloved items on the menu is the Jollibee Burger Steak. This flavorful dish consists of a juicy burger patty smothered in a savory mushroom gravy and served with steamed rice. If you’re craving the taste of this Filipino favorite but can’t make it to a Jollibee restaurant, fret not! In this article, we’ll guide you through a homemade Jollibee Burger Steak recipe that will bring a taste of the Philippines to your kitchen.
1. What is Jollibee Burger Steak?
Jollibee Burger Steak is a dish that combines the comfort of a beef patty with the richness of mushroom gravy. It offers a hearty and satisfying meal that is often enjoyed with steamed rice, making it a staple comfort food for many Filipinos.
2. Ingredients for Jollibee Burger Steak:
To recreate the Jollibee Burger Steak at home, you will need the following ingredients:
– For the burger patties:
– 500 grams of ground beef
– 1 small onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 egg
– 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
– Salt and pepper to taste
– For the mushroom gravy:
– 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 2 cups beef broth
– 1/2 cup evaporated milk
– Salt and pepper to taste
– For serving:
– Steamed rice
3. Steps to Make Jollibee Burger Steak:
Follow these steps to recreate the Jollibee Burger Steak experience in your kitchen:
– In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, chopped onion, minced garlic, egg, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
– Divide the mixture into individual portions and shape them into burger patties.
– Heat a non-stick skillet or grill pan over medium heat and cook the burger patties until they are browned and cooked through. Set them aside.
– In the same skillet, melt the butter and sauté the sliced mushrooms until they are tender and lightly browned.
– Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and stir well to coat them evenly.
– Gradually pour in the beef broth, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Continue cooking until the gravy thickens.
– Stir in the evaporated milk and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for a few more minutes.
– Return the cooked burger patties to the skillet and simmer them in the mushroom gravy for a couple of minutes, allowing them to absorb the flavors.
– Serve the Jollibee Burger Steak over steamed rice, generously spooning mushroom gravy over the patties.
4. Tips for Making Jollibee Burger Steak:
– If you prefer a softer texture, you can add a small amount of finely chopped onion and minced garlic directly into the burger patty mixture before shaping them.
– To achieve a more authentic Jollibee Burger Steak taste, you can use canned button mushrooms or fresh mushrooms of your choice.
– Adjust the consistency of the mushroom gravy by adding more or less beef broth according to your preference.
– Feel free to customize your Jollibee Burger Steak by adding additional toppings such as caramelized onions or a fried egg on top.
With this homemade Jollibee Burger Steak recipe, you can savor the flavors of this Filipino classic from the comfort of your home. Whether you’re
craving a taste of nostalgia or introducing this delicious dish to your family and friends, this recipe is sure to delight you. So, gather your ingredients, put on your apron, and enjoy the mouthwatering goodness of Jollibee Burger Steak!